Last Updated: May 2018
Doing business with NewAge Products Inc. ("NewAge", "we" or "us", which includes NewAge’s directors, officers, employees, consultants, affiliates and assignees) and using the "NewAge Websites" (which term includes www.newageproducts.com, www.shopnewage.com and any and all NewAge branded URLs which may be used by us from time to time and all components thereof) involves providing information about yourself. We take your privacy seriously – and you have control over how your information is collected, used and disclosed by us.
We also recognize that the growth of online services, including Internet services, has created additional privacy concerns, particularly for consumers. NewAge maintains strict privacy policies in an effort to safeguard personally identifiable information (“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”) and communications from unauthorized intrusions. Online privacy concerns focus primarily on the protection of PII which an individual or other customer reasonably expects to be kept private. As the term suggests, PII is information that, when associated with an individual identifies that individual, for example, a customer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or credit card number.
The products and online services offered by NewAge include those offered through the NewAge Websites or any of them and all products and services offered now or in the future by NewAge through the NewAge Websites or any of them (collectively, the "Services", which term also includes access to and use of the NewAge Websites generally).
Information Collection and Use
- When you create an account on a NewAge Website and/or otherwise use the Services, we may require and retain certain information, including your name, phone number, email address, shipping address, billing address, and/or credit card information.
- If you create an account on a NewAge Website, your purchase history will be retained in your Client Account.
- We may automatically receive and record non-PII (i.e. information that does not identify you personally) on the NewAge Websites server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. (User IP addresses may be recorded for security and monitoring purposes.)
- We may use information for the following general purposes:
- to fulfill your requests for certain services, information and/or materials;and
- to protect you, NewAge and/or other users from error, fraud and unauthorized access to and/or use of the Services.
We only retain the Personally Identifiable Information “PII” from a user for as long as the user’s account is active or otherwise for a limited period of time as long as we need it to fulfill the purpose for which we have initially collected it, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Information Sharing and Disclosure by NewAge
- NewAge will not share PII about you to other companies or persons except when:
- we have your consent to share the information;
- we need to share the information with individuals and/or companies who work with and/or on behalf of NewAge to provide services to you that you have requested;
- we share the information with Shopify Partners and SAP to carry out our marketing and promotional services and order processing and fulfillment;
- we reasonably believe it is necessary to share PII:
- to investigate, prevent or take action regarding situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or
- for risk management purposes;
- we are required to disclose PII by reasons of a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process or in the case of imminent physical harm to the customer or others, or
- to establish or exercise NewAge’s legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Technical Allowances / Software Installation
- You understand and acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of the Services may involve (i) transmissions over various networks and/or (ii) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- NewAge performs technical functions necessary to offer the Services. You agree to allow NewAge to perform such technical functions and that such technical functions may include the installation of software on your device.
- You agree to allow NewAge to install the NewAge Software selected by you on your computer and/or mobile device.
Cookies and Usage Data
- When you access the Internet, the computers that host websites you visit (“web servers”) automatically receive some anonymous information. This “usage data” may include a record of which pages a web browser has visited. The NewAge Websites’ servers receive usage data when users visit the Websites and possibly when users visit other sites as well. NewAge, our service provider(s) and payment processor(s), and our respective advertisers may use various kinds of software devices to collect information about Internet use.
- Small files called “cookies” may be attached to your Web browser and your computer. You may be able to configure your browser to accept or block all or some cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. Note: Disabling cookies may mean that we won't be able provide certain services, which may be of use to you.
- NewAge may also use "web beacons" to access NewAge's cookies inside and outside the NewAge Websites and in connection with the Services.
Links & Third Party Applications
- NewAge may provide, and the NewAge Website may contain, links to other websites including Shopify PCI Compliance page; Facebook; Youtube; Instagram; and Houzz. Although we strive to only link to websites that share NewAge’s high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or practices employed by other websites or parties.
- Third party applications (such as widgets) created by third party developers may also be available on the NewAge Websites. Third party applications are small bits of software, often with interactivity, that can be installed into profiles or shared with other users. NewAge does not control third party developers and cannot dictate their actions. When you engage with a third party application, you are interacting with the third party developer, not with NewAge. We strongly encourage you to not provide PII to any third party unless you know the third party with whom you are interacting.
- If you go to another website, including an advertiser’s website (for example by clicking on an advertisement), or request information or enter a contest, be aware that you may be authorizing another company, including an advertising company, to use information you supply. An advertiser's collection and use of information is subject to its own privacy policies, not this one.
Editing and Deleting Information
- You have the right to access, verify, update, edit, modify and delete your PII collected and maintained by us at any time, including whether you want NewAge to contact you about specials, new services and contests. You may modify, remove or delete any of your PII at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- NewAge honours requests from users to review all PII maintained in reasonably retrievable form, and will correct any such information which may be inaccurate. You may also verify that appropriate corrections have been made.
Confidentiality and Security
- We have safeguards to protect your PII and we use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard PII in NewAge’s possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification.
- NewAge uses reasonable methods to make sure that PII is accurate, up-to-date and appropriately complete.
- We limit access to PII about you to people who, as part of their job, we believe need to come into contact with that information to provide services to you.
- Despite NewAge's high standards, no claim is made as to the impenetrability of the system under unusual circumstances or its resilience to future attacks.
The NewAge Websites do not knowingly collect PII from children under sixteen (16) years of age: These are not Websites directed to children under the age of 16, and NewAge does not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years of age, do not send any information about yourself to NewAge. If NewAge discovers that a child under the age of 16 has provided the NewAge Websites with personally identifiable information (PII), NewAge will delete that child’s PII from its system.
Consent to Transfer
The NewAge Websites are operated in Canada. If you are located in the United States, UK or elsewhere outside of Canada, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to Canada. By using the NewAge Websites, participating in any of our Services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
- NewAge will inform you of any changes we make by sending a notice to you via email and/or by posting an announcement on the NewAge Websites (as applicable).
Questions / Suggestions / Concerns
- If you have questions, concerns or suggestions about NewAge, the NewAge Website or any of the Services, please feel free to email us at email@example.com
- If you notice any unauthorized activity with respect to your account, Login name or password, please immediately email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
DO NOT BE MISLED BY EMAILS THAT APPEAR TO BE FROM US AND ASK FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. IF YOU RECEIVE A SUSPICIOUS EMAIL REQUESTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE FORWARD THE EMAIL IMMEDIATELY TO email@example.com SO THAT WE CAN INVESTIGATE THE EMAIL AND, IF NECESSARY, PROVIDE A SECURITY ALERT TO OUR USERS.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND CONFIDENTIAL PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO NEWAGE VIA AN UNSECURED EMAIL MESSAGE.